We need casual bar staff for a number of outdoor events we’re involved in throughout the Horsham, Crawley and East Grinstead area. We also have regular shifts available at a Wedding Venue in East Grinstead. Most of the events are Friday nights, Saturdays and Sundays so it’s an ideal casual job to fit around study or other work.
This is an ongoing position with events throughout the year. Over the winter period things are quieter however we are looking for people on 3rd November (Horsham area), 7th, 8th, 15th, 16th, 27th December in East Grinstead.
The majority of shifts will be working on bars or serving drinks at weddings, however we do also need customer service staff for other event based roles for some events.
- To be aged 18+
- Previous bar / customer service experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills (English is essential, other languages a bonus)
- Good basic maths skills
- Willingness to learn and get involved with setup / take-down as well as working on the bar
- High standard of presentation, reliability and punctuality
- Driving license and own transport is preferred as you may need to get to and from venues and finish late – however we have some flexibility and can often organise lift shares if you live near other staff.
- Proof of right to work in the UK (e.g. EU Passport or relevant visa) and national insurance number.
Working Hours are typically 5-6 hours for an evening event and anything from 6 – 12 hours+ for a daytime outdoor event. This is a casual role so you’ll be free to say yes / no to as many of as few shifts as you like to fit round your schedule, however good availability at weekends throughout the summer is important as this is our busiest time. For most people this works well as a second flexible job.
Pay: £8.75 per hour plus holiday pay (approx. £9.80 including holiday pay calculation). You be be employed on a PAYE Basis (although we will consider Self Employment for staff who already have a UTR). Additionally, we offer a generous bonus scheme on some of our events based on total spend target.
We will review applications and give you a call to discuss, however if you do have any questions please feel free to call us on 01342 555195